collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 551
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Bernie wants 3 US races  (Read 4572 times)

Offline Dare

Bernie wants 3 US races
« on: November 16, 2012, 05:54:38 PM »
I think 3 would be too many and at what European race
or races would we lose?Autin may work out just fine as a
lone US race

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/12433/8251552/Bernie-Ecclestone-reveals-he-wants-three-F1-races-to-be-staged-in-the-United-States
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 07:11:48 PM by Dare »

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

Re: Bernie wants 3 USraces
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 06:30:21 PM »
1. USGP East @ Sebring
2. USGP Central @ Indy
3. USGP West @ Laguna

Sorted!  :good:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Ian

Re: Bernie wants 3 US races
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 07:39:42 PM »
Oooh yes, F1 at Laguna, the corkscrew, bring it on.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 08:29:01 PM »
Lol - Bernie's setting the hook.  Next he'll cast the line when he announces two aspiring promoters, then he'll hook those suckers, take their money and throw them back in.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline PG_Gabriel

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 10:45:56 PM »
1. USGP East @ Sebring
2. USGP Central @ Indy
3. USGP West @ Laguna

Sorted!  :good:

East: The Glen
Midwest: Road America
West: Laguna

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 12:24:06 AM »

There is literally nothing more in motor sport I could want.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2012, 02:26:11 AM »
I read an interview with Moto GP rider Casey Stoner who said he thought Laguna was a little short for the F1 bikes, who knows what the F1 guys might think.
Lonny

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2012, 07:21:29 AM »

There is literally nothing more in motor sport I could want.

Seems like loads people share my enthusiasm of watching an F1 race through the corkscrew..

But Jeri will settle for a super license and lifetime drive for Ferrari will settle things for me  ;)
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Irisado

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 09:45:53 PM »
It sounds like a pipe dream in my opinion.  No doubt Ecclestone has some hidden agenda as to why he has stated this, but it will not happen.  There may be two at most.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 11:20:36 PM »
It sounds like a pipe dream in my opinion.  No doubt Ecclestone has some hidden agenda as to why he has stated this, but it will not happen.  There may be two at most.

It's simple:  American companies are becoming the last untapped source of income for F1.  American companies are only interested if Americans are watching.  When competing with so many other American sports, F1 will never gain a showing with a mere 1 race per year.

They had three races in the past though, and I'm pretty sure they didn't build a fan base then either.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2012, 11:42:01 PM »
How many races a year is he planning? 3 in the U.S., Thailand, Greece, France, Russia, Grand Fenwick, The Shire..........

NASCAR had 49-50 a year in the late 60's. Maybe Bernie can beat that. :confused:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 03:51:10 AM »
Bernie has divided the world into 3 segments: Europe/Mideast, Far East, and the Americas. He says he wants to equalize the number of races in each zone as much as possible, so he needs 2-3 more races in the Americas. Since Carlos Slim is set on a race in Mexico, it seems that likely will happen. That leaves 1 more at least. Maybe Argentina can put something together, but they are in a bad financial condition. Where else do you put a race? Besides, Bernie likes to keep current races on their toes by threatening to replace them with someone else.
Lonny

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2012, 06:28:30 AM »
Bully + Money = Bernie...
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Irisado

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2012, 10:18:47 AM »
It's simple:  American companies are becoming the last untapped source of income for F1.  American companies are only interested if Americans are watching.  When competing with so many other American sports, F1 will never gain a showing with a mere 1 race per year.

They had three races in the past though, and I'm pretty sure they didn't build a fan base then either.

That makes sense, but I still can't see it working.

Back when they did have more races they couldn't generate enough of a fan base.  Furthermore, quite a number of the circuits were pretty poor too, which didn't help, and I just don't see where they're going to get three good tracks from.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

vintly

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2012, 10:52:21 AM »
Show me one non-US sport that's ever worked in the US.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle