collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 596
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Grid Game posting Two  (Read 11866 times)

Offline greener_09

Re: Grid Game posting Two
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2013, 11:13:34 AM »
Just tried to put my picks in the auto system and it came up with 'qualifying deadline passed predictions not saved' . When can i put my picks in guys?

Offline Scott

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2013, 11:24:47 AM »
Didn't you know?  GG Champs are banned from the following year's competition  :P :P

...seriously, check with Wizzo on that.  You should have already entered your Pole pick - didn't you? 

Either way, because we are having some growing pains with the new system, Dare is accepting posts the old way on the normal threads (which it seems you've already done).  But the Q deadline is passed.  I don't think we make any adjustment if the Q session is postponed.  Act of God they call it I think. 

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2013, 11:25:41 AM »
Try again now Greener there was a glitch with the deadline system. Failing that place your picks in the normal way.

Wiz
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline aazz

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2013, 11:56:06 AM »
Sorry Dare and Wizzo, I've seen this a bit late. I will use the Grid Game button for Malaysia and the rest of the season.
I can't think of anything to write here.

Offline PG_Gabriel

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2013, 06:07:22 PM »
So can we alter our predictions after qualifying sunday morning even though it is after the normal deadline?

Offline Dare

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2013, 06:25:08 PM »
So can we alter our predictions after qualifying sunday morning even though it is after the normal deadline?

we have gone to a one hour before the race deadline this year.Try to put them in the new auto system and the old way as well.If both are
entered the auto will be the one that counts if your picks don't match.

Please be patient with us  :D
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2013, 07:54:36 PM »
I've updated the Grid Game menu to give a little more info. It now shows the following:

Grid Game - Enter/update your race picks. Confirmed via email.
Your Predictions - Shows all your confirmed predictions for the season so far.
Latest Race Standings - Shows every players picks and points for the last race.
Championship Standings - Shows every players total score for the season, race by race.
Statistics - Shows actual race results and players stats. Choose individual races via the drop down menu.

Hope you like it.  :D

Wiz
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Wizzo

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2013, 08:39:59 PM »
I like it Wizzo  :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Ian

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2013, 08:51:46 PM »
It just keeps getting better and better don't it. Other sites must be green with envy, but then, they don't have The Wiz do they.  :good:
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Dare

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2013, 08:57:04 PM »
It just keeps getting better and better don't it. Other sites must be green with envy, but then, they don't have The Wiz do they.  :good:

I'll second that Ian :good:There's many Wizards in the world
but only one Wizzo
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2013, 11:19:53 PM »
You're too kind guys  :-[

I've also just time/date stamped the confirmation email to hopefully make it easier if you changed your picks several times.

Wiz

Wizzo

Offline Ian

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2013, 11:27:21 PM »
Now you are really spoiling us Wiz.  :P  :good:
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Scott

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2013, 07:32:20 AM »
 :good: :good: :good:  love all the stats and charts.  Might help me figure out jow to get to the sharp end this year for a change (or it might just confuse me  :crazy: )

The only glitch I see outstanding is a little box saying 'chat now' that sometimes sits right in the middle of a post I'm trying to read.  This only happens on my iPad though.  Probably should use tapatalk, but I prefer the full site on my iPad.     :DntKnw:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

vintly

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2013, 07:52:02 AM »
I also prefer the full site on the iPad, not too keen on Tapatalk, although it's great if you want a portal into numerous forums (One's enough for me).

The 'Chat now' button moves and gets smaller when you rotate the iPad, which is enough to move it if you can't read what's under it.

Another glitch is the GG stats on the iPad, they're all bunched on the right hand side of the screen. Not an earth-shattering issue, just flagging it for your IMMEDIATE ATTENTION! Heheh.

Offline stealthhaggis

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2013, 09:00:07 AM »
I use Tapatalk to access the site as sometimes I'm not online when I need to alter the selection. I can't see a button to click on and alter my predictions in tapatalk? Is this possible or will there be a backup for folks like me who can't always get access to the regular site?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle