collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 567
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Grid Game posting Two  (Read 11864 times)

Offline F1fanaticBD

Re: Grid Game posting Two
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2013, 06:32:20 PM »
You Tapatalk tap-dancer lot surely make loads of sound  :P :P
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2013, 06:53:26 PM »
The only glitch I see outstanding is a little box saying 'chat now' that sometimes sits right in the middle of a post I'm trying to read.

This 'chat now' box only appears on mobile devices to alert mobile users of chat messages. Before this box you had to click on the 'Mobile Chat' button and check if anyone wanted to chat you. To be honest I'm not happy with the way it floats around. Would you rather it was switched off? I can install the full chat bar on mobile devices. Its up to you guys.

Another glitch is the GG stats on the iPad, they're all bunched on the right hand side of the screen.
This is a strange one as it looks ok on everything but the ipad/iphone.

I use Tapatalk to access the site as sometimes I'm not online when I need to alter the selection. I can't see a button to click on and alter my predictions in tapatalk? Is this possible or will there be a backup for folks like me who can't always get access to the regular site?
You will not be able to alter your predictions via tapatalk, you need a web browser to alter your predictions. If you can access tapatalk you must be connected to the internet. Can you not then access the full site and place your picks?
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Scott

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2013, 08:28:09 PM »
I would go with ditch the chat now box and (only if it is no hassle) put the bar at the bottom of the mobile version as well.  But lets wait until after Sepang  ;) ;)
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2013, 09:49:01 PM »
Chat box gone and chat bar installed on mobile devices.

See what you think.

Wiz
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Wizzo

Offline stealthhaggis

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2013, 11:50:11 PM »

I use Tapatalk to access the site as sometimes I'm not online when I need to alter the selection. I can't see a button to click on and alter my predictions in tapatalk? Is this possible or will there be a backup for folks like me who can't always get access to the regular site?
You will not be able to alter your predictions via tapatalk, you need a web browser to alter your predictions. If you can access tapatalk you must be connected to the internet. Can you not then access the full site and place your picks?
It's on my phone so connection is poor in the highlands, the cows with antennas mainly stay below the peaks! Not to worry.

Offline Scott

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2013, 04:38:05 PM »
Hmmm, hate to be a whiner, but now the entire chat bar floats around the page.  I think having the 'mobile chat' button at the top of the page is actually enough, and we don't need the floating reminders to see who's online or available to chat.  Just my opinion.  Any others?

vintly

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2013, 04:55:22 PM »
Hmmm, hate to be a whiner, but now the entire chat bar floats around the page.  I think having the 'mobile chat' button at the top of the page is actually enough, and we don't need the floating reminders to see who's online or available to chat.  Just my opinion.  Any others?

Agree with above

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2013, 05:04:36 PM »
You're not whining, its great feedback - Chat bar gone from mobile devices. From now on hit the mobile chat button.

Another glitch is the GG stats on the iPad, they're all bunched on the right hand side of the screen.
This is a compatibility issue with safari. A temporary fix has been made  although they do not line up correctly you can now read the stats. A more permanent fix will come later.

We are getting there.  :good:

Wiz

Wizzo

vintly

Grid Game posting Two
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2013, 06:06:24 PM »
Quick on the draw, Wizard McGraw!

Offline Scott

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2013, 08:09:46 PM »
 :good: :good:

Offline Warmwater

« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2013, 06:36:54 PM »
I missed the deadline for (yawn) Singapore qualifying picks, now I don't seem to be able to make my race picks.
Is this right?? Please advise.....
If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.” ― Mario Andretti.

Offline Dare

« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2013, 11:11:17 PM »
I missed the deadline for (yawn) Singapore qualifying picks, now I don't seem to be able to make my race picks.
Is this right?? Please advise.....

put then where John put his or here,we'll sort it out
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Warmwater

« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2013, 02:36:45 AM »
OK, I put them on the other thread.....
Thanks.
If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.” ― Mario Andretti.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle