collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 136
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16178 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13016 Posts
John S John S
11293 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: The reason behind Bernie's reluctance to change engine  (Read 3121 times)

Offline Irisado

Re: The reason behind Bernie's reluctance to change engine
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2013, 04:29:24 PM »
The noise from the engine isn't a factor for me.  What matters to me is that the small teams get a fair deal on engine costs, and that the engines can actually fail.  I want to see engine failures.  Formula 1 is meant to be about pushing the limit, and if no engines ever blow up, the limit isn't being reached, let alone pushed.

If turbos bring back unreliability, then great, if they don't, then it's a poor return for the spectacle of Formula One, especially if the small teams are forced to pay more for their engines.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Alianora La Canta

Re: The reason behind Bernie's reluctance to change engine
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2013, 10:54:21 PM »
But the whole problem is that the switch to the Politically Correct mini-motors isn't saving money. The extra cost is mega.

Introducing something new will be costly initially, but over the time it may show that the initial investment was worthy of it. But I do not agree with the way FIA handled this engine develpment  :nono: :nono:

They let the manufacturer's freely spend on the develpment, and then put it in the shoulder of customer cars to make their ends meet. That is more burden for the smaller teams, who already being stretched for finances, almost all of them are relying on a pay driver for their budget.

The trouble is that the majority of teams earn sponsorship from the aero (since that's now the only cutting-edge thing about F1 tech) and then pay part of that towards the engines. It's difficult to restrict something that's an earner for teams on the edge.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle