collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 563
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Kimi's reason to leave the Enstone outfit  (Read 3303 times)

Offline F1fanaticBD

Kimi's reason to leave the Enstone outfit
« on: September 19, 2013, 06:39:59 PM »
I thought Kimi would say, that he feared Lotus will not be able give him a better car next year, that he have to think about himself to compete for the race win, not dragging a slower car to better finish. Though I admit I must applaud for being honest and straight forward.

http://en.espnf1.com/lotusf1/motorsport/story/125557.html

Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: Kimi's reason to leave the Enstone outfit
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 07:46:02 PM »

Well I guess no one likes not being paid their wages.  I know I've walked away from an employer who was always delaying payment or arguing over the sum my wage should be.  >:D 

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 09:32:50 PM »
Not paying your ace driver certainly doesn't speak well of your chances of financing a winning team.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Willy

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 03:06:28 AM »
And how can you argue with that.

It's all well and fine to want to give your all for the team but if they can't at least pay you for that commitment and loyalty then.......
 :nono: :nono: :nono:

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 08:08:32 AM »
Kimi's got enough money, it's really all about the Gelato... ;)
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 06:23:05 PM »
Kimi's got enough money, it's really all about the Gelato... ;)

:DD :DD :DD :DD

Offline Irisado

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2013, 12:41:14 AM »
To be fair he has cited both reasons.  He, like anyone else would be, has been concerned that he wasn't paid on time last year, and hasn't been paid what he is owed this year, but he also stated that he was not given the reassurances about the competitiveness of the car that he was seeking for 2014.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2013, 04:30:35 AM »
Based on the level of performance Ferrari has shown the last couple of years, how can they provide any assurance they will have a competitive car?
Lonny

Offline Willy

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2013, 03:27:03 AM »
Lonny, Ferrari probably can't give an assurance anymore then Lotus can be as Scott said.....at least he will be guaranteed a quality supply of Italian Gelato and that must count for alot given Kimi's love of the iced treats.
 :DD :DD

Offline Dare

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2013, 06:25:50 PM »
Lonny, Ferrari probably can't give an assurance anymore then Lotus can be as Scott said.....at least he will be guaranteed a quality supply of Italian Gelato and that must count for alot given Kimi's love of the iced treats.

And I bet his paychecks are on time too
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 03:58:38 PM »

And I bet his paychecks are on time too

And with a few win there might a red shiny car with a jumping horse emblem with the checks as well. I am sure it does not happen in Lotus ;)

Offline Irisado

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2013, 09:05:30 PM »
Based on the level of performance Ferrari has shown the last couple of years, how can they provide any assurance they will have a competitive car?

The probability is higher that they will have a more competitive car.  They've won more races than Lotus since Raikkonen came back to Formula 1, and are more likely to consistently compete at the front in view of the finances at their disposal.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2013, 09:30:45 PM »
During the Singapore coverage on Sky, they said that customer teams will have to pay over three times as much for next season's mini-motors as they do for this season's engines (€25 million vs. €8 million). That should make it almost impossible for them to even survive, much less field a competitive car.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2013, 06:15:28 PM »
During the Singapore coverage on Sky, they said that customer teams will have to pay over three times as much for next season's mini-motors as they do for this season's engines (€25 million vs. €8 million). That should make it almost impossible for them to even survive, much less field a competitive car.

The reason why McLaren opted to go to Honda, rather than paying Mercedes, that is why teams like Force India, Sauber are trying so hard to attain sponsorships. What amazes me that Toto Wolff said, that in the long rung these are economical, because they will burn less fuel. Does an F1 car burns around 16 Million euro fuel?? :DntKnw: :DntKnw:

Offline Ian

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2013, 07:30:55 PM »
Seems to me that there is only one reason for these huge changes, it reminds me of the nursery rhyme, 'Little Jack Horner.' There are a few dirty thumbs waiting to plunge into the pie and get the plums, they don't give a monkey's about F1, just what they can get out of it.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle