collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 605
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: 2013 GG Final Results  (Read 10678 times)

Offline Dare

2013 GG Final Results
« on: November 24, 2013, 06:29:36 PM »
In another close GG we'd like to congraduate
Irisado for the win followed by batman in 2nd
and Vintly in 3rd.Kudos to all

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline batman01

Re: 2013 GG Final Results
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 06:39:29 PM »
Is that the final result? The rules state that results are only final after 1 week, and that whether or not there was rain can be decided by members. I would argue (and I'm sure many of the drivers) that there was rain. That being said, 2nd is a brilliant result, especially since its my "rookie" season. Congrats to Irisado also.
"I will always choose a lazy person to do a difficult job, because he will find an easy way to do it." -- Bill Gates

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 06:43:39 PM »
The rule of the GG is that rain is called by those participating in chat during the race, and usually depends on whether or not any of the teams fit wet tires to a car.  Today they did not, and we made the call on chat.  If you want to take part in stewarding of the GG, come and join us in chat - that is where it happens.  We don't call a rain race based on the FIA - they've been wrong too many times.  It has been like this for the GG for a few years already.

Wow, congratulations to you all.  Can't believe you guys had only 3 points difference between you (and only one point back was our illustrious leader).  On chat we thought Batman was a shoe-in, but as sometimes happens in Brazil, things don't quite turn out the way you'd like (Batman, we'll let you change your monicker to Massa if you like  :P ).

Again, congratulations to you all, enjoy the limelight, because Ian and I will be gunning for you next year!!   >:D >:D

And thanks so much to Wizzo for coming up with and fixing just in time, a fantastic engine to run the game on the site  :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :good: :good:  (If Irisado still doesn't like it, send a wet sock instead of the trophy  |-( |-( ).

And huge thanks to Dare for being the best Moderator in F1 history.  The FIA would do well to have someone as level headed as you on board, especially today (Massa and Hammy's drive-thru's would have been judged differently if they had any sense).  Way to go and much thanks Dare!! :good: :good: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I'm just glad I stayed in the midfield after missing a race.  I might have cracked the top 10 if I hadn't slept through that one.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 06:46:49 PM by scott »
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline greener_09

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 06:57:21 PM »
Congratulations Irisado a worthy champ to hand my flags over to. You had a great season enjoy the title cos everyone will be gunning for you next year.  :yahoo: :yahoo:

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 07:00:23 PM »
Congratulations to the top three players, it was another close, well fought and clean competition. I will be sending out a PM in the next few days to you all so look out for it.

Irisado, check out your new flags next to your name. Wear them with pride!  :good:

Batman01, the rain and DNF are ALWAYS called in the chat room at the end of the race as this is the most reliable way to ensure the results are correct. We used to use the information from Live Timing only to find that this was often incorrect and caused havoc. As Scott said, if you want to be part of this discussion then you're more than welcome to join us in the chat room during any race.

Regarding the rain, it was decided that this was not a wet race, this caused 15 of the 19 players to lose points, so you can see that this is a totally unbiased decision. As for the outcome of the Grid Game Irisado also chose rain so the point difference would have remained the same.

Wiz 
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline batman01

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 07:02:18 PM »
Ok wizzo, thanks for letting me know
"I will always choose a lazy person to do a difficult job, because he will find an easy way to do it." -- Bill Gates

Offline Ian

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2013, 07:45:41 PM »
There was no rain
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Warmwater

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2013, 07:55:03 PM »
Congratulations to Irisado - BatMan - Vintly

:crazy: If there was a bit of reality with the tyre specs/rules some of us 'also rans' would have been able to challenge you!
It will be a lot harder to pick the finishing order nex tyear...
If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.” ― Mario Andretti.

vintly

2013 GG Final Results
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2013, 08:08:46 PM »
Thanks First to Wiz, Dare and all longstanding members of GP Wizard for a brilliantly run website, forum and Grid Game. Couple of years ago I looked at all the online F1 prediction options I could find. The Grid Game lured me in but it's the people, the attitude and the chat that keeps me here. Just ace.

Couldn't quite catch you Irisado, well done, a great start and you kept the momentum going. My early double-up failed to scare you off although it was nice to be out in front for a bit at least. You should try it next year, maybe at the first race ;)

Batman, a 15 and a 17 - just too good. Thought you were gonna nick it at Brazil but unlucky, and well played anyway. I had rain down too, so we all got it wrong.

Wizzo, good battle there, more of the same next year, can't wait.

Offline Ian

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2013, 08:27:36 PM »
Great posts Wiz and Scott.  :good:
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Dare

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2013, 08:28:55 PM »
Batman that's the final result.The week wait would
be for some unforeseen circumstances.Like Scott
and Wizzo said the rain and the dnf's are called in
chat.There's no conspiracy here :D
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2013, 08:29:53 PM »
Ian, where were you today?  Chat room was poorly populated, but had a newbie show up - some brilliant guy named km...we even let him make the rain call, and he nailed it ;)
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Dare

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2013, 08:33:07 PM »
Congratulations to Irisado - BatMan - Vintly

:crazy: If there was a bit of reality with the tyre specs/rules some of us 'also rans' would have been able to challenge you!
It will be a lot harder to pick the finishing order nex tyear...

I can't wait Luke,next your should be exciting

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2013, 08:51:44 PM »
Congratulation to Irisado, Batman & Vintly for being 1st, 2nd, 3rd respectively, and being consistent through out the season. Notably Irisado's ability to score 2 digit points consistently and Batman's 17 pointer were I think star of the season. It was great fun playing this game with you, and I hope you all will be there for the next season as well.

Special thanks to Wizzo, who have always made sure the new system for the GG, which is superb and makes the picks easy and with style. Also thanks to Dare as well to keep things tidy and also always being there to keep everything working.

I think our last year's Champ Greener could have been in the contention as well, but his untimely shifting of house robbed him a chance to be among the winners. I am sure he will be back to claim his flags again.

And again special thanks for Wizzo, as because of my certain time-constrains I kept bugging Wizzo with my picks, through mail, and Wizzo even under very difficult circumstances, always put them up for me.

Few of the people stopped playing after certain points in the season, I hope they will be playing it with us next season.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 09:37:29 AM by F1fanaticBD »
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2013, 08:53:36 PM »
Big congrats to the podium boys, especially to the worthy winner Irisado.  :good:

I could blame a late pick, or the chocolate tyres, or even the reliability of the cars this season for my downfall.  ;) However instead I'll just accept that 16 of you, yes 16, did a better job than me.  :(  Making picks with your heart instead of your head is not a good idea after all.  :D

Big thanks as well to Wizzo and Dare for the wonderful GG.  :good: I'll be propping up the mid to tail-end of the field next year and hope you all take part again.  :yahoo:

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle