collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 595
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Monza - il Grand Premio D'Italia 2016  (Read 3813 times)

Offline J.Clark

Re: Monza - il Grand Premio D'Italia 2016
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2016, 10:03:05 PM »
All in all, not a bad race, but not too exciting either.

I was quite happy to Lewis bungle his start again and end up 6th, if only briefly.

Like Scott, I wish Kimi had gotten Vettel at the start, but . . .   They each had a pretty good race and probably the best the team could have done.

Williams did well, with both drivers having awesome starts.  Having both cars finishing in the points again had to be a feel good moment.

It was a bit disappointed, or perhaps I am mistaken, but did the stewards penalize a Sauber for causing an accident with a Renault?  I watched it in replay a few times and saw no foul there.
Life is short - live each day to the fullest.

Offline Scott

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2016, 06:02:21 AM »
On Channel 4 the boys couldn't see the point of the penalty since both cars were eventually retired as a result, and in fact Sauber pushed the car out to the pit box to serve the penalty and then back into the garage so they wouldn't get docked grid places next race (what?).
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 11:11:03 AM by Scott »
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Monty

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2016, 09:32:26 AM »
"not a bad race"!!!! It was terrible. I literally fell asleep in the middle of it. The only way it could have offered some excitement was if Hamilton's clutch problem had only caused him to drop directly behind Rosberg so we could have seen him trying to pass or if both Mercedes' had suffered the same clutch problem so they dropped back in the pack and we might have seen some brief racing until they overtook everyone and disappeared into the distance. I love Monza but while the Mercedes are so dominant it offers no spectacle!

Offline Scott

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2016, 11:12:12 AM »
"Clutch trouble" translation.  I blew my start but am too stubborn to admit it.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Monty

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2016, 01:07:56 PM »
"Clutch trouble" translation.  I blew my start but am too stubborn to admit it.
I heard on the radio this morning that Hamilton initially took the blame but after analysis it was subsequently diagnosed as a clutch problem.
I haven't had a chance to look for any 'official' response from Mercedes.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 03:21:31 PM by monty »

Offline Irisado

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2016, 08:49:34 PM »
That was all pretty dull after the first few laps, sadly.

I remarked that it was Hamilton's race to lose and lose it he did.  That's possibly the worst start from pole I've seen since Villeneuve at Suzuka in 1996.  If Hamilton does go on to lose to Rosberg in the championship, poor starts will be the reason.  He has lost around four races this year because of failing to get off the line quickly enough.

Button pulled a good move on Alonso, and there was some racing early on when drivers were on different strategies, but from about lap 20 onwards I lost interest.  It really was a bit of a parade.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle