collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 573
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: I want to win it fair and square - Lewis  (Read 2876 times)

Offline Steven Roy

I want to win it fair and square - Lewis
« on: September 28, 2007, 01:13:29 PM »
http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=40814

Lewis says he would never ask for preferential treatment but reckons that the team prefer him to Alonso anyway.

Offline romephius

Re: I want to win it fair and square - Lewis
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 01:30:46 PM »
Lewis just lost points with me......it's a simple rule of a team, you don't bad mouth your team mate.......no matter how bad he is.......you bite your tongue and deal with it internally.....a rookie mistake though...and it will be easily forgiven.  I do like his ethic with regard to the way he wants to win.

Good Luck to Lewis

Rom

Offline raindancer

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 02:00:01 PM »
He has been going out of his way to bad mouth Alonso. Not a bright move for someone with ambitions in F1 for a while to come.
I believe the key is whether Mclaren will be in this form for the next five years and in case there are going to be new owners, who knows. Hamilton is not making many friends outside his team.
Don't Fight Forces ! Use them

Offline Ian

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 06:10:21 PM »
Yup, thought he would have been advised to :- keep your mouth shut, your head down and just get on with the job, he'd make a lot more friends and gain a lot more respect doing that.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline raindancer

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 07:02:58 PM »
Could be a bit of Gamesmanship from Mclaren themselves, turning the heat on Alonso .....

Offline bmiller411

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 07:10:43 PM »
How can you win fair and square when you are winning in a cheating car?  The team has to pay 100 mil because of cheating all points should be removed for the same reason.  That is for both the drivers and team championships. 

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 08:58:19 PM »
You are misinformed.  They were fined for brining the sport into disrepute because despite all his efforts Max can't prove that they used any of the information.  If you look at the time the information came into their possesion you will see that their results have been worse than they were before and Ferrari's have been better.

Offline johnbull

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 09:16:34 PM »
How can you win fair and square when you are winning in a cheating car?  The team has to pay 100 mil because of cheating all points should be removed for the same reason.  That is for both the drivers and team championships. 

Ah finally, a Ferrari fan on GP Wiz.

Poor begger. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline bmiller411

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2007, 01:30:52 AM »

Ah finally, a Ferrari fan on GP Wiz.

Poor begger. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Yes, I do like Ferrari but I'm more of a racing fan.  When you are found to be doing something wrong and you are given a penalty, how can part of the program not be and the other is.  When both parts are intertwined?  In my view, if you say no points for the constuctor's championship then there should be no points for the driver's.  It is the same car and the same team.  Just my two cents. End of statement.  I will not bring it up again. 

Thanks for your time

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2007, 03:22:10 AM »
hey guys - read the FIA transcript please.

McLAREN were fined for HAVING technical information from FERRARI and NOT for using it!

The FIA did not have to PROVE McLAREN used it as POSSESSION IN ITSELF was a serious breach of F1 Racing Regulations and this was the GROUNDS on which they were heavily fined.

Accordingly all this talk about McLAREN cheating with the design of it's cars is unproven speculation and as such is  libellous [and slanderous] which McLAREN is quite entitled to sue in a court of law.

The first person I would like to sue is max MOSLEY for his inflammatory attacks on McLAREN but McLAREN will not for obvious reasons.

It irritates me greatly this point is overlooked in many mainstream articles in the press by professionals who surely must know better?   
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 03:26:27 AM by SennaMan »
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2007, 03:31:54 AM »
Lewis just lost points with me......it's a simple rule of a team, you don't bad mouth your team mate.......no matter how bad he is.......you bite your tongue and deal with it internally.....a rookie mistake though...and it will be easily forgiven.  I do like his ethic with regard to the way he wants to win.

Good Luck to Lewis

Rom

exactly Rom. I agree with you entirely - a "rookie" mistake from a driver and personality who is a natural winner and the real deal

the 2007 WDC is his for the taking
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2007, 02:09:57 PM »
I absolutely agree that it is ludicrous that the team can't score points but the drivers can.  Doesn't mak any sense.  Apart from financial sense to Bernie.

Offline johnbull

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2007, 06:05:20 PM »
I absolutely agree that it is ludicrous that the team can't score points but the drivers can.  Doesn't mak any sense.  Apart from financial sense to Bernie.

Yes Steven, but isn't that what it's all about these days?

On the understanding that ignorance of the law is no excuse, we have another perfect example of 2 weights and 2 measures today.

Ferrari break a rule (use illegal tyres) for which the penalty in writing from the FIA itself is an immediate black flag. Were any of the Ferraris black flagged today? No, they were just told to please come in and change to legal tyres.

Would that have been the attitude had it been Mc Laren using illegal tyres?
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Ian

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2007, 07:21:28 PM »
You know
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline raindancer

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2007, 07:42:41 PM »
Come on guys , this ferrari bashing is getting out of hand. Lets face it and F **K all legal jargon around here.
Mclaren had knowledge of Ferrari Information Illegally.
If someone is going to tell me that only Mike , Pedro De la Rosa and ALonso had it "Gentlemen you are either extremely naive or blinded"
That according to me is enough.
On top of it Lewis foes on record today saying he wants Alonso kicked of the team.
What the F**K is going on .....
All British Sentiments apart. Mclaren screwed up.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle