collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 520
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Toro Rosso for sale  (Read 2005 times)

Offline Andy B

Toro Rosso for sale
« on: March 18, 2008, 01:28:08 PM »
I've checked out Ebay and its not on there yet.
Anyone interested in a whip round? ;)

Team GP Wizard - has a ring to it. :good:

Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Neil.P

Re: Toro Rosso for sale
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 02:18:25 PM »
Yeah Andy, with Wizzo at the helm. We could be the new Hesketh Racing :yahoo:

Neil.P

Online cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 03:15:36 PM »
I've checked out Ebay and its not on there yet.
Anyone interested in a whip round? ;)

Sorry, Andy, not enough in my PayPal account!  :D

Paul Stoddart didn't move his Minardi Champ Car team to the IRL. Cosworth owner Kevin Kalkhoven doesn't have anything to do now he handed Champ Car off to Tony George. I hope someone gives them Dietrich Mateschitz's phone number.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 05:48:44 PM »
I can't believe it has taken Mateschitz this long to do it.  Winning in F1 is difficult enough if you are concentrating 100% on it but what chance do you have when you are designing a car for two different engines.  That has to harm development.

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 07:39:35 PM »
Dare I mention that Paul Stoddart is currently at a loose end and has expressed an interest in returning to F1?  Of course, he also said that he would never come back while Max remains in charge but things could change by 2010.

It would be nice to see Minardi back in the game...
Never mind me - read http://f1insight.madtv.me.uk/ :D

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 09:21:42 PM »
It certainly would, Chameleon - and I might add that with Paul Stoddart in the team principal briefings, he might be able to yell/moan at the powers-that-be enough for them to start being sensible. Nothing else seems to work, and plenty of measures have been tried...
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 01:20:05 PM »
No! No! No!

Paul Stoddard arrived in F1 with his jaw in top gear and left with it in top gear and never achieved a single thing the whole time he was involved.  He arrived spouting off about how he was going to make a success of Minardi and move them up the grid.  All he did was whinge and moan to divert attention from his failure toachieve anything.  He was like a poor imitation of Mansell.  Everyhing that happened was someone else fault.  F1 needs him like it needs KERS, or Max or Bernie or traction control.

He came, he saw, he failed miserably and he left.  THE END.

Online cosworth151

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 01:25:57 PM »
I have to dissagree, SR. Stoddy was the best thing to happen to F1 in a long, long time. Not even Eddie Jordan spoke truth to power the way he did.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Cam

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 01:59:07 PM »
I'm with Stephen on this one, Paul Stoddart played the poor little guy card every chance he got, never stopped whining, meanwhile making a fortune carting the F1 circus around in his planes.  I dont miss him one bit.  I dont believe he spoke "truth to power" any more than a mosquito can be heard by a lion, make as much noise as you like but are ultimately ineffectual and irrelevant.  i could never quite figure out why he bothered.

cheers,
Cameron 
I am a lover of what is, not because I'm a spiritual person, but because it hurts when I argue with reality - Byron Katie

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2008, 01:11:12 PM »
Paul Stoddart managed to unite all the teams except Ferrari on reducing testing and control tyres, nearly managed to get the powers-that-be to release the fighting fund monies they promised him and Jordan against their will and despite Jordan not assisting, forced Max to consider cost-cutting measures and revealed to the world what exactly happened at Indy 2005, thus sparing the manufacturer teams from being penalised by the FIA for Michelin's mistakes. Oh, and he reminded the FIA that it is bound by the laws of the countries in which it races.

Minardi may have achieved nothing except survival under his tenure, but Paul himself achieved a lot in terms of keeping F1 from destroying itself. Granted, it's still on the path to destroying itself, but it's a lot further from actually doing it than it would have been had Paul not entered F1.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Scott

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 02:30:49 PM »
I agree Ali - he achieved far more with his mouth than with his team...which is why I don't want to see him back as a team owner.  But maybe as some sort of team advocate.  Surely Max and Bernie would never let that happen, but I can only hope.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 05:49:55 PM »
I think he should stand against Todt in 2009 for Max's job.  He can fail at that as well and hopefully be too embarrassed to show face again.  Although I can't imagine him ever being embarrassed.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle