collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 611
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: LEWIS WORLD CHAMPION  (Read 2811 times)

TheStig

LEWIS WORLD CHAMPION
« on: November 02, 2008, 06:45:48 PM »
GREAT NEWS FROM GP WIZARD

TheStig

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
Re: LEWIS WORLD CHAMPION
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 06:55:52 PM »
Hail to the new king!

left it to the last lap to reclaim that 5th place

feel a bit sorry for felipe who won the race brilliantly, but very glad LH and McLAREN win the WDC from FERRARI after all the bad dramas the past year

well done and very much deserved
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

TheStig

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 07:18:57 PM »
Big Thanks To all; in the chat room for giving me a link to watch live coverage of the race:

TheStig

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 07:21:40 PM »
He certainly got ours, and probably his own, blood pressure up on the last 2 laps but in the end the right man won. Hail the new youngest World Champ. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

TheStig

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 07:38:24 PM »
Brazilian GP - Lewis Hamilton factbox

McLaren's Lewis Hamilton became Formula One's youngest champion at the season-ending Brazilian Grand Prix on Sunday at the age of 23 years and 301 days.

* Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton was born on Jan. 7, 1985 in Stevenage, England. His parents divorced when he was two.

* His paternal grandfather emigrated to Britain from the Caribbean island of Grenada in the 1950s and worked for the London Underground transport system. Father Anthony worked for British Railways.

* Hamilton's motorsport career started at the age of eight and he had won his first British karting championship by the time he was 10. Hamilton was signed up to McLaren's young driver programme on a development contract in 1998.

* He was European kart champion in 2000.

ROAD TO VICTORY

* In 2003 he was British Formula Renault champion with 10 race wins.

* Hamilton won the Euroseries F3 title in 2005 with 15 victories, 10 fastest laps and 13 poles. He also won the Monaco F3 grand prix.

* Winner of the GP2 championship in 2006 in his first season in the Formula One feeder series. Racked up five wins and six fastest laps including victory in Monaco and a double success at Silverstone.

FORMULA ONE

* Took his first Formula One victory in Canada in June last year, becoming the first black driver to win a grand prix.

* Hamilton is the only driver in Formula One to finish his first nine races on the podium. In 2007, he won four times with six pole positions.

* This season he has five wins and seven poles.

And now he is the World Champion

TheStig

Offline Dare

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 08:27:57 PM »
Good report Stig.If you ever need
a race link bookmark this site,there's usually
a few f1 races here

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Andy B

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 08:36:31 PM »
I'm soooooooo please at the outcome.
I feel for Massa and his family but in the end I believe the outcome was the correct one.

Roll on next year. :yahoo:
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Scott

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 08:46:16 PM »
Yeeesh, what a roller coaster it was at the end for everyone.  I wonder if anyone at McLaren actually realized a lap or so earlier that they would likely pass Glock in time (I doubt it).  I was so choked when they showed Massa's family celebrating that I actually missed the pass on Glock and was as confused as Massa's Dad for a split second.

Congratulations to Lewis and McLaren for a hard fought season that was stacked against them.  Too bad they didn't manage the Constructors as well, but there's always next year.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline greener_09

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 09:21:13 PM »
All hail the new king of formula 1. What a brilliant race ive never gone through so many emotions in my life. When Vettel passed lewis i was devastated i couldnt believe it was going wrong 2 years on the trot but when Lewis passed Glock i was jumping around the room cheering. I kind of feel bad for Massa but im delighted Lewis is champ at last.

Offline Ian

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 09:42:24 PM »
Felipe was devastated, I was gutted for him but over the moon for Lewis.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline johnbull

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2008, 09:48:23 PM »
As I said in an earlier post, Lewis Hamilton has not only had to beat Felipe Massa, but Ferrari and their own rule book, Max Mosley, The FIA, it's stewards, it's disciplinary boards, and it's officials, Alonso and so many other obstacles, so this is why I feel he is the more worthy Champ.

One in the eye for Alonso, and one in both eyes for Max Mosley.

What's the bet the 2 faced bu.....er will be in the papers tomorrow congratulation Lewis.
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 02:56:54 AM »
As I said in an earlier post, Lewis Hamilton has not only had to beat Felipe Massa, but Ferrari and their own rule book, Max Mosley, The FIA, it's stewards, it's disciplinary boards, and it's officials, Alonso and so many other obstacles, so this is why I feel he is the more worthy Champ.

One in the eye for Alonso, and one in both eyes for Max Mosley.

What's the bet the 2 faced bu.....er will be in the papers tomorrow congratulation Lewis.

yeah Joe, victory must be so much sweeter for LH and all at McLAREN to overcome all the blatant obstacles deliberately thrown at them

hope mad max does not search for some obscure rule to take the WDC from them though!
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2008, 12:57:54 PM »
It was quite a season - down to the last turn of the last lap of the last race.

I think Hamilton will be a better ambassador for the sport than the previous two champions. Kimi is a very private man who never really seems comfortable in public appearances. Alonso tends to be arrogant and obnoxious.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2008, 04:20:42 PM »
I just checked.  My heart beat is down to 150.  I think I am going to be OK now.

What a season, what a race, what an ending.  The only thing that could have made it better would have been a close up of Max and Donnelly the second they realised that despite all their efforts the right man still won.

Next season Lewis will have all the pressure taken from him and he can let rip and it will be fabulous to watch.  Had he not won this championship the pressure on him would have been tremendous.  Now he can relax and drive naturally and hopefully the FIA will get off his back and appreciate what we are watching here.

It will be interesting to see if Ferrari continue their decline to the traditional chaos or if Domenicali can sort them out.

Offline Scott

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2008, 07:41:39 PM »
I wonder if McLaren are going to keep the 2nd pit box, or if the FIA will intervene and ensure they are down with FIF1 again (with the new FIF1 'motorhome', Ron will be happy to be back at the other end so he can tower over the Ferrari red box.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle