collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 114
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16181 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13026 Posts
John S John S
11301 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Heros and zeros at Germany  (Read 3676 times)

Offline Dare

Heros and zeros at Germany
« on: July 12, 2009, 05:18:23 PM »
Heros

1  Webber-finally got his much deserved first win despite
               another race the stewards screwed with

2   Massa-good result for Ferrari,could they have solved
               some of their problems

3   Rosberg-good ride by Nico and for the Williams

honarable mention   Alonso and Kovalainen

Zeros

1    Ruebens-zero for the race,zero for his attitude,and a zero for
                  his always blaming someone else

2    BMW-another disappointing race and at Germany

3   Hamilton-should learn the race isn't won at T1

dishonarable mention-Kimi and Sutil.let them sort it out
                             at to who's fault it was

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: Heros and zeros at Germany
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 06:56:46 PM »
Heros:

Webber for getting his first Win and for coming back after his drive through.

Massa for an outstanding drive in a car that is not the best or 2nd car in the field.

Rosberg a fine drive, the lad just gets better and batter.

Alonso for a storming 2nd half in again a less than brilliant car.

The Stewards for calling it right for once on the turn 1 incident!  The penalty was not only for Webbers lunge at Rubens it was also for his rebound from that into Lewis, who clearly had half his car past Mark. If Mark had not struck Rubens I don't think him and Lewis would have come together.

Zeros:

Rubens for losing so much ground in the race and then losing the plot after the race.

Trulli, never saw or heard of him all race but he was running at the end so where was he? Especially as Glock came from the back and was fighting for a point at the end.

Piquet, how much longer can he survive at Renault?

BMW, they really have become tail enders this season.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Dare

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 07:12:08 PM »
I wondered about Trulli too John and saw this

Jarno Trulli: "The race was over for me at the first corner. There were several cars fighting for position but I suddenly saw another car go past me and jump over my front wing because there was no space. I couldn't see that part of my wing but I could feel there was something wrong so I came in and the team changed it. After that the car felt good but unfortunately as soon as I caught up with the field I was always stuck in traffic and couldn't do anything. When I had a clear track ahead of me later in the race I put in some quick laps and was second fastest overall but it was too late."
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

david1275

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 09:25:41 PM »
Heros

Webber - A well deserved first win and for coming back from a drive through and showing Vettel the road. It was well and truly his weekend.

Massa - An excellent rezult (as he would say) from my favorite driver in the field, he has proved how good he is time and time again, especially today.

Ferrari - For improving the car to a level to allow Massa the rezult. Well done lads you made my weekend.

Rosberg - Another great finish for one of the best drivers in the field. He sure can get the best out of what he's given, most times.

Alonso - For driving the wheels off that Renault. Hope we can welcome you to the Ferrari family sometime soon.

Zeros

Rubens - If feel sorry for him, he has had to play second fiddle too may times, and under Ross Brawn too. No wonder the man is paranoid, but he should learn to keep his mouth shut, he's lucky to be where he is at this time. I just hope the damage his post race comments will have done can be forgiven, but I doubt it.

Bourdais - A sad end for a nice guy. Shame F1 didn't work out. That failure was a right kick in the Hydraulics.

Hamilton - Yer da ain't got a lot to smile about this year.

FW14B

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 09:32:28 PM »
I'd agree with the picks so far:

Heroes:
Webber- Brilliant drive considering his penalty to win the race.  Good to see him get that first win too.
Rosberg- He made up 11 places, great team effort but Nico put in the times when he had to.  Hope he hangs on for at least one more season with Williams.
Massa- He did well today, showed how good a driver he can be

Special mention- Sutil- was doing a great job before his bad luck hit again.

Villains:
BMW- How can they continually be so shocking?
Barrichello- How can he always blame everyone else?  Mistakes happen, but he doesn't always help the cause (sadly)
Hamilton- Again being over enthusiastic.  He could have really had a great race but tried too much too soon.

Special mention- Kaz- if Nico could go from 15th to 4th, how did he manage to go from 13th to 12th only?

Offline Scott

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 10:36:14 PM »
I'd agree with the picks so far:

Heroes:
Webber- Brilliant drive considering his penalty to win the race.  Good to see him get that first win too.
Rosberg- He made up 11 places, great team effort but Nico put in the times when he had to.  Hope he hangs on for at least one more season with Williams.
Massa- He did well today, showed how good a driver he can be

Special mention- Sutil- was doing a great job before his bad luck hit again.

Villains:
BMW- How can they continually be so shocking?
Barrichello- How can he always blame everyone else?  Mistakes happen, but he doesn't always help the cause (sadly)
Hamilton- Again being over enthusiastic.  He could have really had a great race but tried too much too soon.

Can't say much more, except did you hear the radio transmission between Hamilton and the pit wall when he said something about changing his pit strategy and someone told him to just 'concentrate on driving the car and leave the strategy up to us'...hilarious slap down.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline PG_Gabriel

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 02:51:59 AM »
I would not put lewis as a zero.... sure he did horrible, but the turn one thing was not his fault, sure he was over aggressive but with the kers you have to expect a driver flying by people like that. Its not his fault that the tire failed on him

Offline Scott

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 05:33:25 AM »
C'mon, they showed the replays enough times, Webber had someone on his right so he couldn't turn away.  Lewis wasn't yet past him and turned across Webber's front end.  Who's fault was it then?

FW14B

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2009, 08:40:45 AM »
I think the thing is to use the KERS system responsibly.  Yes, he got the super start he needed, but he tried to go perhaps one or two positions too far and so underbraked, got out of position on the track then cut in and got caught up by Webber who was rebounding off of Rubens.  There is no problem with aggression as long as it is controlled. 

Offline Monty

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2009, 08:51:14 AM »
It is great being neutral and an ex-racer.
The reason that Hamilton got a puncture was simple. Webber tried driving Rubens off the road then as his car bounced off Ruben's side-pod it hit Hamilton's back wheel. It is a fact that Hamilton had done a perfect start and was about to go into the lead. If Webber had not hit Hamilton everyone would be saying that Hamilton was a genious.

One important thing in my opinion. I do not claim this to be Webbers 'fault'. It's racing. I know the Stewards penalty didn't actually change the result but I hate the whole idea of penalising drivers during the race (the exact same thing happened in the second GP2 race which lost the race for Petrov).

Penalties should be draconian when 'fault' has been clearly proved, but the penalty should applied to future events. My reasoning is simple. If the stewards get it wrong during the race (as I believe they did in both the GP2 race and the F1 race in Germany) there is no method of appealing the decision. A drive through often ruins the race for the spectators. More importantly, a penalty to the driver at fault doesn't correct the injustice for the injured party (poor old Sutil for instance).

FW14B

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2009, 08:56:06 AM »
Penalties should be draconian when 'fault' has been clearly proved, but the penalty should applied to future events. My reasoning is simple. If the stewards get it wrong during the race (as I believe they did in both the GP2 race and the F1 race in Germany) there is no method of appealing the decision. A drive through often ruins the race for the spectators. More importantly, a penalty to the driver at fault doesn't correct the injustice for the injured party (poor old Sutil for instance).

Good point, one I agree with. 

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2009, 09:51:03 AM »
Heros:

Webber for getting his first Win and for coming back after his drive through.

Massa for an outstanding drive in a car that is not the best or 2nd car in the field.

Rosberg a fine drive, the lad just gets better and batter.

Alonso for a storming 2nd half in again a less than brilliant car.

The Stewards for calling it right for once on the turn 1 incident!  The penalty was not only for Webbers lunge at Rubens it was also for his rebound from that into Lewis, who clearly had half his car past Mark. If Mark had not struck Rubens I don't think him and Lewis would have come together.

Zeros:

Rubens for losing so much ground in the race and then losing the plot after the race.

Trulli, never saw or heard of him all race but he was running at the end so where was he? Especially as Glock came from the back and was fighting for a point at the end.

Piquet, how much longer can he survive at Renault?

BMW, they really have become tail enders this season.

thanks john, you have said all i wanted to say mate - apart from i too deplore BOURDAIS could not make a real go of it in F1!
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline Scott

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2009, 10:13:50 AM »
Good point about the penalties, but it sure looked to me like Webber bounced of Rubens way before the corner, but it was through the corner that Hamilton cut across Webber's bow.  One had nothing to do with the other.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2009, 12:42:41 PM »
Heroes:

Webber - A well earned win!

McLaren - A far better car than they've had all season.

Zeros:

BMW - I keep hoping they'll do better

SeaBass - Same as BMW

The Stewards - Fortunately, they didn't screw up the F1 race as badly as they did the GP2.

Faux TV - For another highly edited, tape delayed race.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2009, 08:18:32 PM »
Good point about the penalties, but it sure looked to me like Webber bounced of Rubens way before the corner, but it was through the corner that Hamilton cut across Webber's bow.  One had nothing to do with the other.

I can't agree that Lewis cut across mark as Mark was moving to his left as lewis came past him. You can clearly see the white stripe of the pit lane exit moving from the left of Mark's car over to the right side from the onboard camera, and when you see a shot from the front just before contact Mark is at least half a car width or more away from Rubens on his inside.

Mark may be able to claim he didn't realise where Rubens was when he struck him but Lewis was clearly in Marks view as he was almost completely past him.

The thing you are right about is that the Mark & Rubens clash happened a good many yards before the Lewis thing so they are separate incidents, I wonder which one he was penalised for. 

IMO It could also be argued, if the incidents are separate, that Mark was then making a second change of line to defend in the same lap which I believe also is a penalty situation, but that may be a bit too harsh.  Lewis however has seen penalties for less.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle