collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 581
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: F1 2010 - Are you ready for it?  (Read 11736 times)

Offline Dare

Re: F1 2010 - Are you ready for it?
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2010, 01:41:06 PM »
what was your best time at Monaco Rom?

How would you rate this game?Is it a good game or
too arcadey?

Maybe we could start a thread posting out best times
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Canada Darrell™

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2010, 04:37:42 PM »

Maybe we could start a thread posting out best times

Dare, just what I was thinking. Make sure all driving assists are turned off or stated in your postings though.
Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

Offline romephius

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2010, 09:06:48 PM »
Full driving assists on and I still REALLY suck at monaco....

Dare it's too fast to be arcade style.... the car is so 'twitchy' too.....

Offline Dare

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2010, 11:03:41 PM »
the thing about some of these racing games I
never l;iked was getting the setups right.Not
having the car setup right makes them almost
undrivable for me,especially in GP Legends,ask
anyone who's ever played it
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline romephius

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2010, 07:06:48 AM »
Car setup can be as specific as you like or a nice generalised quick setup from the engineers.

Offline stealthhaggis

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2010, 04:55:06 PM »
Got it today, pretty damn good.

Offline Canada Darrell™

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2010, 06:15:47 PM »
Here's my thoughts on the PC version after about 48 hours of owning the game. I am basing all of this in comparison to the legendary "Grand Prix 4" by Geoff Crammond. so it has a lot to live up to in my book.

I am playing on full simulation level, all driving aids turned off with the exception of the prefered driving line for the first 20-30 laps while learning new tracks.

Initial BAD impressions:

- No mouse support in the menu system. Definately a bad sign indicating PC support was secondary throughout development for consoles.

- Shifting...a definate lag time in response of maybe a 1/10th or 1/4 second. Just enough to be incredibly annoying. I find it hard to believe that this won't be fixed in the first patch..assuming one will be forthcoming.

Initial GOOD impressions:

- Graphics - one word..."Superb". I'll list my system specs at the end. Absolutely stunning performance. Heat haze from engines on the start grid, detailed background and foreground rendering, fluid motion with zero glitching or hiccups.

- Computer AI - very good. As you approach for a pass the AI will make a move to block and will protect the driving line down low into corners. In about 200 laps of racing so far I have yet to have an AI car p*ss me off with a stupid move.

- Sound - excellent but I'm only listening in stereo. I love the way other cars enter into the mix as they approach you from behind. Subtle but just enough to let you know how close they are getting.

- Car set ups - just enough settings to satisfy most sim racers. Certainly not the level of adjustments that GP4 had but then again, I'm not a race engineer. The auto adjust will be fine for most racers but if you want to tweak you shouldn't be disappointed. Changing to maximum downforce and lowering the car a bit really helped me out at Monaco.

- Control input - using my Logitech Wingman formula force there is thankfully zero lag time in any steering movements. Other than shifting lagging too much for my liking I am very happy.

- Replay - after a race you are treated to a full replay (at least on the 20% races I've been doing) and during a race you can back up and re-enter the race from an earlier point. Kinda like a mulligan in golf and you get to specify how many do-overs per session you want.

Ok, now for some other thoughts that didn't belong in the "bad" or "good" categaries. If you play a race less than 20% of actual distance you don't have to do a mandatory pit-stop for the 2nd tyre compound. However, when you are running at 20% distance you must pit for a 2nd set of tyres. DO NOT pit when your race engineer asks you to as you are almost gauranteed to enter the pits during green flag racing along with a bunch of other cars and the lollipop man will hold you up. I dropped in for tyres in my first race and was treated to a 14 second pit stop while I watched 5 cars that I was ahead of going in pass me in the pits! Lower tiered teams definately take longer to change tyres that top teams, which is a little disappointing. I am playing as Force India and I'm typically around 5-6 seconds per stop. The one race I did as Mark Webber my pit time was under 4 seconds. Go figure.

I was racing at Australia yesterday and it started to rain after my stop for tyres. As the rain got harder I kept waiting for the call to drop in for inters or wets but the call never came and I kept racing......just as hard. Approaching the finish line my visor was so wet that it was getting harder to see yet the car seemed just fine on the slicks. I don't know if this was a one-time glitch but am planning on doing some wet races today to investigate.

My system specs:

Windows 7 32-bit
Intel E8400 Dual Core @ 3ghz
4GB ram
Radeon 4870 1GB DDR 5 ram
Crappy old 300gb 5400 rpm pata drive!
Logitech Wingman Force Wheel
1680x1050 will all detail maxed out
Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2010, 08:27:28 PM »
For those of you that haven't seen it  :good:

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Dare

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2010, 01:44:26 AM »
Lewis plays the game with his brother.This shows
the most favorable I've ever saw of Lewis's personality

Offline Ian

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2010, 07:31:34 PM »
That was a great vid Dare, as you say, it shows Lewis in a different light.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Ian

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2010, 07:33:48 PM »
Bloody game, I had 5 races today, wrecked my car in one of them, got 3 time penalties in another three of them and got disqualified in the other.  :DD

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2010, 08:46:45 PM »
Bloody game, I had 5 races today, wrecked my car in one of them, got 3 time penalties in another three of them and got disqualified in the other.  :DD

So you wont be splashing your retirement pot on a drive in the HRT car before the end of the season then, Yamamoto will be mighty relieved. :D :DD :tease:

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Ian

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2010, 08:53:31 PM »
It'a a great game but what a rigmarole you have to go through to race.

Offline Scott

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2010, 08:26:42 PM »
Still no Mac version...   :'( :'(
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Dare

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2010, 12:41:41 AM »
I can't find it in any stores here,guess I'' have to
order it online

Does anyone know if 1.5 gig's of ram is
enought to play the game?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle